Noun(1) an official written record of names or events or transactions(2) (music(3) a book in which names and transactions are listed(4) (computer science(5) an air passage (usually in the floor or a wall of a room(6) a regulator (as a sliding plate(7) a cashbox with an adding machine to register transactions; used in shops to add up the bill
Verb(1) record in writing; enter into a book of names or events or transactions(2) record in a public office or in a court of law(3) enroll to vote(4) be aware of(5) indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments(6) have one's name listed as a candidate for several parties(7) show in one's face(8) manipulate the registers of an organ(9) send by registered mail(10) enter into someone's consciousness
(1) I wish to register an objection(2) Fox, however, seemed to sing in a register too high for her voice.(3) School teachers were paid by contract according to an average of their attendance register .(4) In addition to regional and social dialects, two other varieties often discussed by sociolinguists are register and style.(5) My sister and brother both got married and got to register for gifts.(6) Athy pupils will no longer be able to play truant and hope to get away with it, following the introduction of Ireland's first high tech electronic register .(7) it was reproduced in full colour but unfortunately out of register(8) The Medical Council removed his name from the medical register in 1999 pending the outcome of its inquiry.(9) This is precisely what appears in the lowest register of the window.(10) Groups still have time to register but must do so immediately.(11) If you are over 18 and were resident at your present address in September 2003 it is important that your name is on the register .(12) The boy knew she was a schoolteacher, for he had found her class register and kept it in his beside table.(13) I am also concerned about councillors who tell people to report registration officials who refuse to register them without the necessary documents.(14) In all probability he sang alto from 1735 to 1739 and then descended to bass and, as we have seen, passing through the tenor register briefly.(15) Whenever she referred to ├ö├ç├┐Her Highness├ö├ç├û she raised her eyes to heaven and her voice to a high register .(16) The DC took the attendance register in his custody and ordered an inquiry into the case.
(1) cash register :: ငွေပေးကောင်တာ
(2) household register :: အိမ်ထောင်စုမှတ်ပုံတင်
(3) trade register :: ကုန်သွယ်ရေးမှတ်ပုံတင်
(4) shift register :: ပြောင်းကုန်ပြီမှတ်ပုံတင်
(5) register number :: အရေအတွက်ကမှတ်ပုံတင်ရန်
(6) land register :: မြေယာမှတ်ပုံတင်
(7) census register :: သန်းခေါင်စာရင်းမှတ်ပုံတင်
(8) check register :: မှတ်ပုံတင်စစ်ဆေး
(9) instruction register :: ညွှန်ကြားချက်မှတ်ပုံတင်
(10) electoral register :: ရွေးကောက်ပွဲဆိုင်ရာမှတ်ပုံတင်
1. official list ::
2. record ::
3. range ::
4. cash register ::
5. registry ::
6. record ::
7. enroll ::
8. indicate ::
9. display ::
10. make an impression ::
11. file ::
12. read ::
preregister, preregistered, preregistering, preregisters, register, registered, registering, registers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I was going to lower the whole voice
to a more pleasing REGISTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
Be ruthless. Tell him if he doesn't start
talking, we'll REGISTER a complaint...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
So maybe we move that over to the cash
REGISTER, by the 5-hour Energy drink.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
You might want to speak
in a lower REGISTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
and my cash REGISTER doesn't,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 9
English to Burmese Dictionary: register
Meaning and definitions of register, translation in Burmese
language for register with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of register in Burmese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'register'
What register means in Burmese, register meaning
in Burmese, register
definition, examples and pronunciation
of register in Burmese language.