Noun(1) soft fine feathers(2) (American football(3) English physician who first described Down's syndrome (1828-1896(4) (usually plural(5) fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs
Verb(1) drink down entirely(2) eat up completely, as with great appetite(3) bring down or defeat (an opponent(4) shoot at and force to come down(5) cause to come or go down(6) improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
Adjective(1) being or moving lower in position or less in some value(2) extending or moving from a higher to a lower place(3) becoming progressively lower(4) being put out by a strikeout(5) understood perfectly(6) lower than previously(7) shut(8) not functioning (temporarily or permanently(9) filled with melancholy and despondency
Adverb(1) spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position(2) away from a more central or a more northerly place(3) paid in cash at time of purchase(4) from an earlier time(5) to a lower intensity(6) in an inactive or inoperative state
(1) It enables them to see quite a distance down the river to the beginning of the estuary.(2) These people will continue to pass their attitudes down to their children and grandchildren.(3) There are others with a genetic make up which allows them to keep the blood alcohol level down in their blood.(4) Note down all the times and places you smoke, with a note on how much you needed each cigarette.(5) She reminds you of your best qualities when you're down , to take the sting out of your woes.(6) Look out here for a smaller path, dropping down towards a wall on the right.(7) the wind has died down(8) At the moment they are a little bit down but that's my job to pick them up.(9) the Berlin Wall came down in 1989(10) I met Jim Renwick for the first time down at Raeburn Place last Tuesday, and I was impressed.(11) I challenge anyone to listen to this and not sit there with tears streaming down their cheeks.(12) But in May the plans were put on hold when he was struck down with kidney stones.(13) But the heart of the matter remains the same down the ages, and the consequences as dire.(14) I wolfed my lunch down and caught a cab to meet Amy.(15) A few days ago I ran across an old friend who is now living down here with the new wife and child.(16) Take a few minutes to note down what you are looking for before you call, and don't allow yourself to be rushed.
(1) sit down :: ထိုင်ပါ
(2) break down :: ပျက်သည်
(3) calm down :: စိတ်အေးအေးထားပါ
(4) lay down :: စွန့်လွှတ်သည်
(5) settle down :: နေသားတကျဖြစ်သည်
1. depressed ::
2. not working ::
3. downward ::
4. down in the mouth ::
6. toward a lower position ::
7. to the ground ::
10. soft feathers ::
11. down feather ::
12. pile ::
15. go through ::
16. pull down ::
17. pop ::
18. shoot down ::
19. polish ::
20. to a lower position in ::
21. along ::
22. throughout ::
down, downed, downer, downers, downing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We got five guys DOWN here
with a backup out of sight.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 7
SoccerMom09 says to lie DOWN
with your feet elevated.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
Yeah. I calmed her DOWN but
she's not going to Vegas if he's going.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
I guess, uh, I'd like her
to sit me DOWN,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
Yes, it's six against one.
Stand DOWN, sir.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
English to Burmese Dictionary: down
Meaning and definitions of down, translation in Burmese
language for down with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of down in Burmese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'down'
What down means in Burmese, down meaning
in Burmese, down
definition, examples and pronunciation
of down in Burmese language.