Noun(1) a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter(2) a counter where you can obtain food or drink(3) a rigid piece of metal or wood; usually used as a fastening or obstruction or weapon(4) musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats(5) an obstruction (usually metal(6) the act of preventing(7) (meteorology(8) a submerged (or partly submerged(9) the body of individuals qualified to practice law in a particular jurisdiction(10) a narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background(11) a block of solid substance (such as soap or wax(12) a portable .30 caliber automatic rifle operated by gas pressure and fed by cartridges from a magazine; used by United States troops in World War I and in World War II and in the Korean War(13) a horizontal rod that serves as a support for gymnasts as they perform exercises(14) a heating element in an electric fire(15) (law
Verb(1) prevent from entering; keep out(2) render unsuitable for passage(3) expel, as if by official decree(4) secure with, or as if with, bars
(1) A failure by the Court to maintain a dynamic and evolutive approach would risk rendering it a bar to reform or improvement.(2) a bar to employment(3) Sometimes it is not treated as an absolute bar but as merely an important matter to be weighed on the balance of convenience.(4) That benefits the lessee: it removes a possible bar to registration.(5) The renovations will include an extra bar upstairs, mood lighting on the windows overlooking the river and pastel-themed decor.(6) Routinely described as a gourmet pub, it is really more of a restaurant with a small bar for pre-dinner drinks.(7) Sam reached under the bar , opened a bottle of Irish stout, and put it on the table.(8) Clark's shot hit the bar(9) He looked through the gap between the door and the wall, a small bar of light illuminating his frightened features.(10) In an unprecedented move Magistrate Nicholas got up from the bench and sat at the bar table with the witness and the accused.(11) The space can be subdivided for use as a convenience store and coffee shop or a sandwich bar .(12) the prisoner at the bar(13) In classical Athens, for an adult male to be passive was a bar to the exercise of citizenship.(14) The defendant at the bar stands indicted by the grand jury of this county with the crime of murder in the first degree.(15) A teenager from Westbury got more than he bargained for when he bit into a chocolate bar to find a piece of metal embedded in it.(16) If a tench wants to move from one side of a bar to the other it has two options.
(1) chocolate bar :: ချော့ကလက်ပြား
(2) candy bar :: သကြားလုံးဘား
(3) status bar :: ပြ status bar
(4) scroll bar :: စာစောင်ကိုဘား
(5) bar chart :: ဘားဇယား
(6) gold bar :: ရွှေအဘား
(7) salad bar :: သုပ်ဘား
(8) the bar :: ဘား
(9) menu bar :: မီနူးဘားတန်း
1. rod ::
2. block ::
3. counter ::
4. tavern ::
5. obstacle ::
7. sandbar ::
8. saloon ::
9. stripe ::
10. measure ::
11. cake ::
12. prevention ::
13. legal profession ::
14. bolt ::
15. prohibit ::
16. relegate ::
17. block off ::
18. exclude ::
bar, barer, barest, bars, barth, barthes, disbar, disbars
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, there's a BAR
in the lobby.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
...you went to the BAR and made a fool of
yourself trying to pick up strange women.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
- Uh ___
- Oh, we can go to a BAR...
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
BAR mitzvah speech in
the history of Temple Beth El.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
Too bad, you guys
kill at BAR mitzvahs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
English to Burmese Dictionary: bar
Meaning and definitions of bar, translation in Burmese
language for bar with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bar in Burmese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'bar'
What bar means in Burmese, bar meaning
in Burmese, bar
definition, examples and pronunciation
of bar in Burmese language.