Noun(1) (geometry(2) the product of two equal terms(3) an open area at the meeting of two or more streets(4) something approximating the shape of a square(5) someone who doesn't understand what is going on(6) a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views(7) any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles(8) a hand tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles; used to construct or test right angles
Verb(1) make square(2) raise to the second power(3) cause to match, as of ideas or acts(4) position so as to be square(5) be compatible with(6) pay someone and settle a debt(7) turn the paddle; in canoeing(8) turn the oar, while rowing
Adjective(1) having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle(2) characterized by honesty and fairness(3) providing abundant nourishment(4) leaving no balance(5) without evasion or compromise(6) rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
Adverb(1) in a straight direct way(2) in a square shape(3) firmly and solidly
(1) Here, too, the facts are hard to square with the argument.(2) The floor of the porch is covered in green 12-inch square slate tiles.(3) I flicked my red pen at him, hitting him square in the chest.(4) In 1998 the site owners refurbished 30 units on the site, covering about 3100 square metres.(5) They were clinging to a rock about 4 metres square and barely one metre above the sea.(6) She was wearing a plain tweedy suit with a simple square pendant of some purple gem.(7) Most of the competition entries were conventional square buildings - very few had any softening of their lines.(8) In 15 years, the average American home has grown by almost eight square meters.(9) At present our sports hall is tiny - about nine metres square .(10) How can I square my urge to support her with the fact that she has behaved so badly?(11) It's hard to square this with the photographs that are regularly splashed across the fashion press: she always looks too perfect to be real.(12) He has a square jaw, a scar above his top lip and a gold stud in his left nostril.(13) His office is a five metres square room reached down a long corridor, one floor above the concourse at London's Euston station.(14) You can't omit people and then act like we'll just start like everything is square and even when, in fact, it was not and is not.(15) But with six million square miles of ocean, drug runners often elude authorities.(16) Then mark the ends of the joists at this point and draw a line across them with a combination square .
(1) square root :: စတုရန်းအမြစ်
(2) square foot :: စတုရန်းပေ
(3) square meter :: စတုရန်းမီတာ
(4) main square :: အဓိကစတုရန်း
(5) square feet :: စတုရန်းပေ
(6) square mile :: စတုရန်းမိုင်
(7) square meters :: စတုရန်းမီတာ
(8) town square :: မြို့စတုရန်း
(9) square kilometer :: စတုရန်းကီလိုမီတာ
(10) square bracket :: စတုရန်းလေးထောင့်ကွင်း
1. quadrilateral ::
2. level ::
3. fair ::
4. old-fashioned ::
5. straight ::
6. solid ::
7. straightforward ::
8. squarely ::
9. market square ::
11. public square ::
12. foursquare ::
13. lame ::
14. square toes ::
15. agree ::
16. level ::
17. pay ::
18. resolve ::
19. square up ::
20. feather ::
square, squared, squarely, squareness, squares, squaring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I read it as SQUARE meters.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
She performs at the theater
in Sheelba Square.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
Hey, man, I gotta know we're SQUARE, or
we're gonna have to go that other way.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
I read it as SQUARE meters.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
Laser tag. Seven thousand SQUARE feet
of rollicking fun...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
English to Burmese Dictionary: square
Meaning and definitions of square, translation in Burmese language for square with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of square in Burmese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "square"
What square means in Burmese, square meaning in Burmese, square definition, examples and pronunciation of square in Burmese language.